Asbestos Awareness Training
Under Title 8 1529(k)(9)(B), all personnel who work in or outside of a building that contains ACM/PACM should receive as a minimum, two hours of Asbestos Awareness training. In this course, your workers will learn about the hazards of working around materials that contain asbestos. This course will teach your workers how to limit their exposure to asbestos and steps to take to protect their safety.
Topics of discussion are:
- What is asbestos? The main properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types and likely occurrences of asbestos in premises and plant
- General procedures to be followed in the event of an emergency
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Health effects of asbestos
- Worker protection
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory Protection
This class is available for in-person training or online training.