This course is designed to provide an initial and basic overview of key Cal-OSHA Construction Safety Orders (CSO). It is important to remember that this course shall provide only the basics on Occupational Safety. The course is designed for both the worker and novice safety professional. Classes can no longer be completed in one day.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Research and interpret applicable OSHA regulations from the Code of Cal-OSHA Regulations (CCR)
- Explain the key elements of the Hazardous (Chemical Safety) Communications Standard
- Explain the key elements of Stairways and Ladders Standards
- Explain the key elements of Fire Protection Standard
- Explain the key elements of Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout Standards
- Explain the key elements of Excavations/Trenching Requirements
- Explain the key elements of Scaffold Awareness
- Explain the key elements of the Fall Protection Standard
10-Hour Construction Industry Required Topics
MANDATORY – 8 hours
- Introduction to OSHA (2 hours)
- Injury & Illness Prevention Program & Code of Safe Practices (1 hour)
- Focus Four: (All topics to be covered and Fall Protection requiring 1 hour and 15 minutes).
- Fall Prevention & Protection
- Struck by
- Caught in/between
- Personal Protective Equipment (30 minutes)
- Tools & Equipment (1 hour)
- Health Hazards (Must cover the following topics):
- Hazard Communications
- Heat Illness
- Mandatory/Electives (30 minutes)
Choose at least 1 of the following topics (Minimum of 30 minutes each):
- Material Handling
- Confined Spaces
- Cranes, Derricks, Hoists
- Elevators & Conveyors
- Stairways & Ladders
Note: Some topics can be removed or added to meet specific client needs.
Thank you for allowing us to provide you with this information. To learn more about our OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training Construction course please visit www.osha10hourcertification.com or please call 909.468.3602.